5 Reasons Why you Should Live in Lethbridge
08 August 2018
Lethbridge is one of the best places to live in Alberta. With a population of just under 100,000 (as of 2017) evenly distributed between the north, south, and west, it is easy to get around while still having all the amenities of much larger cities.
Here are just five reasons you should consider Lethbridge as your home:
- Population—Lethbridge is on pace to reach 100,000 population late in 2018 and has seen steady growth for more than a decade. Steady stable growth is a key indicator of a healthy city.
- Steady economy—The economy in Lethbridge has been growing by around 2.4% every year, per chooselethbridge.ca. In a province that has suffered badly due to the drop in oil prices, this steady, consistent growth has resulted in a stable economy and plenty of opportunity to find work for new residents. As of 2017, Lethbridge has more than 5,600 licensed businesses employing 65,700 workers, up from 39,600 workers in the city in 2013.
- Attracts small business—Per chooselethbridge.ca, there were 49 active businesses in Lethbridge with 100 or more employees. That means there were more than 5,550 businesses smaller than that. The Canadian Federation for Independent Business ranked Lethbridge 18th out of 121 jurisdictions in their Top Entrepreneurial Cities Report, making this city a great place to start a small business.
- Lots to do—From the Lethbridge Hurricanes of the WHL to the numerous pathways and amenities around the city, Lethbridge has plenty to see and do. There is a dining experience for virtually every palette, from burgers to East Indian food. Henderson Lake provides a beautiful place to walk, have a picnic, or let the kids play, right near the heart of the city. You’ll also find bowling, golfing, a massive new Leisure Centre on the west side, called the ATB Centre, museums, theatre, and much more!
- Great up-and-coming neighbourhoods—Edgemoor Estates, Gold Canyon Estates, and Prairie Arbour Estates are three emerging communities in Lethbridge where Ramton Homes offers beautiful homes in excellent locations. Gold Canyon and Prairie Arbour are both located close to the south side commercial district, providing tons of shopping options while Edgemoor Estates, on the west side, is in a quiet location nestled up against coulees that lead down to the Old Man River, while still only being a short drive to the nearest shopping locations.
At Ramton Homes, we strive to meet all our customer needs whether they are big or small. Whether you are planning to build your forever home or you are just starting out—we would love to build your dream home! Please contact us to begin the process or answer any questions you might have.